Monday, August 29, 2011

Sista's......why can't we just rise above???

"Kites rise against the wind - not with it" - Winston Churchill

Hello LoveLeighs

When I woke up this morning I thought I am going to Blog!! So I did, but this is not what I originally wrote. You see I wrote a little piece on the sadness and disappointment I feel about the women on FB and the nastiness that continues between grown-ups. But after a long-winded piece I decided to delete, because, let's face it I know you are all as fed up as I am with the in-fighting and nit-picking.

Then this afternoon I read a link from Build a Little Biz about death threats to an amazing female blogger!!! You can read the blog here http://ittybiz.com/death-threats-online/ and I was MORE than shocked I was sad!!! Ok so obviously there will always be 'people' who will try and bring you down, especially if they see you as a threat. Mostly these 'people' are insecure and unsure of who they really are and feel the need to be nasty as a way to compensate for their own inadequacies. But death threats is just plain crazy. I mean do these people really want to kill this woman because she is so successful?? And then live the rest of their life in jail??  It seems to me that there IS a LOT more nasty behaviour because you can sit in the comfort of your own home and blurt out whatever you like with little or no consequence to you. But you are an influence on others. You are RESPONSIBLE for what you say and HOW you say it!!

This is the second time I have heard of death threats to a woman who is successful by another who for whatever reason feels they need to dish it out on them.

Bully's don't win when we stand united against them!!! NEVER be afraid!!! After all we all have a SPAM box in our email accounts and a DELETE button and the police are only a phone call away!!!

Oh and one other thing....as a customer and a small business owner it may be best to RISE ABOVE the small, nasty behaviour of others and not engage in it. I have seen SO many pages losing good business and regular customers because they are slugging it out on their page.....and to be honest it is getting a little old. Most of us have kids and have to deal with their petty arguments everyday and then to get on FB and see 'grown' women slagging each other off is more than a little embarrassing.

'Nuff said!! (hopping down off my soapbox now hehehehe)

Love Leigh xx

6 comments:

  1. Here Here. Totally agree. It has to stop and people need to get over their own insecurities and stop taking it out on others that are making their way in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the shout out to build a little biz and for being brave enough to tackle this topic. naomi from ittybiz is a true idol of mine, so i was appalled to read her post this morning. but more than that, i was left with a 'hell yes' attitude that what we, as women in biz, need to do is RISE ABOVE as you said, and keep on being so freaking awesome that the bully's and the threats just give up on us. so for every negative comment we see, hear or read, let's spread 10 amazing ones around... start an awesomeness revolution!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Emma and Kelly....it does have to stop....it's all just nonsense anyway!!

    Karen I LOVE your positive kick-ass attitude!! I felt the same way as you after I read that Blog....NO ONE has the RIGHT to make you feel scared for being yourself....success or no success!! And yes it is time to start spreading lots more LOVE and saying NO to the BULLY'S!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree with all of the above! Cyber bullying IS ILLEGAL! & with everything on the net, the evidence cannot be taken down, so something can be done about it. Good on you Love Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said Leigh! I too am just plain over it and can't believe adults behave this way. If this type of behaviour continues but adults, what hope do children have in learning what is right and wrong :(

    ReplyDelete